The word Gaushala is derived from Sanskrit word which further splits in two words as- “Gau” + “Shala”. While the Gau refers to Cow, Shala means Shelter. Thereby, referring to Shelter for Cows. Gaushalas are specifically designed for serving the large number of cows at one place by providing sustainable food and maintaining hygienic surroundings. The gaushala officials stay there all the time for taking care of cows and ensuring the availability of necessary items for their healthy living.
The Foundation of Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan
Shri Jadkhor Godham was established under the valuable and religious guidance of many Holy Saints namely-
- Pujya Sadgurudev Shri Bhaktamali Ganeshdas Ji Maharaj
- Pujya Sadgurudev Shri Rajendra Das Ji Maharaj
Location of Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan
Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan,popularly known as Jadkhor Godham, is located in Bharatpur district of Rajasthan near Deeg Palace, which is a famous historical sight. The place is located at a distance of 130 Kms from New Delhi, 28 Kms from Giri Raj Ji and 26 Kms from Barsana. It is surrounded all around by scenic natural beauty. With forest and hills all around, it is also a peaceful and safe dwelling for the inhabitant animals.
Religious Importance of Location
Shri Jadkhor Godham is located in “Vraj Chaurasi Kosh”. This place holds a significant value for Hindus. As per the stories in Hindu Mythology, this place is considered to be place where Lord Shri Krishna spent his childhood playing around. It also mentions the fact that Lord Shri Krishna with his brother Lord Balram and father Sri Nand Baba brought their Govansh for grass grazing at this location, during the Dwapar Yug.
Construction and Area
Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan has an area of about 100 Bigah where 1 Bigah= 1900 yards). The Sansthan has shed, store house for fodder, water tanks and huts for Saints, built in it.
Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan has the following Gaushalas under its care which are diligently established by Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan:
- Kamdhanu Gaushala – 12 Bigah – 1050 Cows
- Surabhi Gaushala – 40 Bigah – 4000 Cows
- Murar Gaushala – 30 Bigah – 1200 Cows
- Yashoda Dham – 30 Bigah – 40 Cows (Under Construction)
Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan also comprises of:
- Cow Shed with total area of 28 feet (width) by 2000 feet (length).
- Fodder storage area is 13000 feet.
- Separate kitchen & living rooms for the care takers of the cows.
- Rooms for saints and separate rooms for Vansprast Saints.
- A water tank having capacity of 300 Thousand liters. It is 50 feet high.
- Apart from all the above, a Kitchen with an area of 2000 feet, a half of which is used for feeding the people who stay and serve there while the rest is meant for the people who visit the Gaushala.
- 15 rooms for stay of visitors.
- Tree plantation at a wide scale.
- 2 Ambulances for old and helpless cows.
Cost and maintenance
There is a significant cost occured in taking care of such a large number of cows. Shri Vraj Kamad Surabhi Van evam Shodh Sansthan shelters more than 8000 Cows. It is having a monthly expense of above INR 100 lakhs and yearly expense of about INR 12 crores approximately. It maintains high quality services for cows and officials are working day and night to make it the best place for cow living. Gaushala is aimed for a noble cause of cow protection and preservation.